Monday, March 19, 2012

Countertops...hmmm....

Mmmmm....Jimmy Johns!  (and lunch with Kade, yeah!)  Today we had to go pick up some more plumbing supplies...can I just tell you...plumbing takes FOREVER!!  So we went and scoped out some possible countertop options at a store next to Plumbers Supply.  We know we want to do the wood countertop on the main part of our cabinets (against the wall), but we're still thinking about possibilities for the island.  I'd LOVE to have a big flat surface that I can roll pie dough and fondant out on!  We're thinking about Silestone, but just can't decide for sure...that's an expensive commitment!

My favorite place to eat!  :)
I had to go by the auction on my way home...and look what I found...This newly painted but old white cabinet!  I LOVE IT!!  Gotta have it!!  It will be mine, oh yes....it will be mine  :)  Anybody know what that's from?  (just replace it with she...Wayne's World, lol!)  Does anyone ever remember Wayne's World anymore?  Anyway...it's going to be for sale on tomorrow night...so we might have to take a break and go to the auction instead!

This must be mine!!  Isn't it so cute??
So here are a couple of countertops that I liked...the top one is called Tigris Sand.  It's kind of a beige & white color.  I REALLY like it.  It's not sparkly or anything.  This one is quartz and it's made by Silestone.  The salesman is going to email me with a price...we'll see how horrible it is, lol!

Tigris Sand Silestone

A couple Cambria colors...Buttermilk is the top and I can't remember the bottom two, lol.  I must have really liked them, NOT...Buttermilk was my favorite...and it was pretty much exactly the same as the Tigris Sand from Silestone!
I guess I'm just going to have to keep shopping!  There's SOOOOO much to pick out!  It's a bit overwhelming!  Who's idea was it to tear this house apart??

No comments:

Post a Comment