Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gerrrrr!

Ok, so I'm not going to lie...I've been planting pots of flowers for our current house!  I just can't go without anything pretty growing around here.  Well one of my bff's is getting married in August and this weekend she's going to pick out her wedding dress.  All week I've been trying to figure out if i can get there or not...well...since Tuesday.  I really wanted to be there...but you see the house...yikes!  So this morning I finally decided that I thought I could go, packed my stuff...headed out the back door and ALL of the planting that I had done yesterday was RUINED!!  COMPLETELY RUINED!!!  Like a massacre!






Sooooo frustrating!!  So I had to go back and replant EVERYTHING!!  Not helping my day by any means!  UGH!!  That's an 8 hour drive ahead of me.  Well...Kade decided to surprise me at lunch...and then said he'd go with me this weekend but he had a meeting until probably 3....if I still wanted to go.  By this time I didn't know what I wanted to do.  I knew that I WANTED to be in Michigan...but how I was going to get there I just didn't know.  So...around 1:30 I decided that we were going.  We'd drive straight up...surprise her...get there about midnight...sleep, go shop for dresses and then turn around and come home.  That way we'd have all of Sunday to still work on the house.  Well...she found her dress, so I'm so glad that I went. (and it is GORGEOUS!!)  We left there at about 3:30 ish...got to Fort Wayne Indiana and said we could go say hi to Kade's oldest brother.  HOWEVER...if we stopped at one we had to stop at the other...because I don't want to be unfair.  We wanted to stop see Kade's friend Wally on Sunday because Monday is his birthday....also...my friend Allison...it's been awhile since we've seen her.  So ALL OR NONE...that was the choice.  If we drove straight home we'd be there at midnight.  So Kade decided he wanted to stop and surprise his oldest brother...got there around 8, left there a little after 9, he called his other brother and asked if we could sleep there...if we drove straight home from this point it would be 2 a.m. before we'd get home (we'd never make it!)  So we got to their house at about 10:30, found out my nephew had a soccer game in the morning.  Got up at 6:30 our time...went to his game...packed our stuff up and went to visit Allison...spent about an hour with her.  Made it over to see Wally at about 2:00 and visited for about another hour.  Had to make a Mendards stop in Springfield to pick up some lighting and then we FINALLY headed home...didn't get home until about 9:15....talk about an exhausting weekend.  Geee whiz....it was worse than if we had worked both days at the house!  We got a lot squeezed in to that 48 hours though, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment