Sunday, May 6, 2012

Concrete Day!

FINALLY!!  We got the giant hole in the basement floor filled!  Man...it was hot today too....and so humid!  (of course it was, did we expect it to be nice, breezy and perfect for concrete pouring??) lol!

Kade ran the concrete mixer, Dad hauled in the wheelbarrows and Dad and I organized and worked on the finishing.  This is not a good job for a perfectionist!!

We were all ready...had it filled in with rock last night!  YES!

It will be so nice to no longer have to mind the big gaping hole in the floor!!

It only took a few loads before they had a good mix going!

EXCITING, lol!

Look at that!  NO HOLE!!!

Beautiful! (well, as beautiful as concrete can be!)

We were all done by lunch time!  I couldn't believe it!  So this afternoon we worked on finishing it and then I had a genius idea (or so I think!!)  I've still been searching for a vanity for the half bath...but not having any luck.  I'm just not a regular cabinet kind of girl  :)  So my wheels have been spinning.

 Remember when I bought the peg leg sink and forgot the peg leg at the store?

Well here's how I think I'm going to use it!

That would be the base to my Grandma Pape's old sewing table.  She apparently sat her plants on it and watered them!!  Needless to say...this is all that's left (well...this, and a few of the drawers which I intend to use at some point too!)  I can't believe they actually fit together so well!  Kade's not as much of a fan as I am....he's a little worried about it having enough support...so I might have to have someone weld me an extra support or something....I'll figure it out!!

I LOVE IT!!  That is SO MY STYLE!!
See...sometimes my brain can come up with some cool stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment