Friday, August 24, 2012

A Whirlwind Day

Today I went on a whirlwind trip to look for another vanity.  I'm worrying now about the sewing base, and am afraid it's not going to be able to be fixed.  (Ya think I worry a little??)  Well, I didn't find anything at all to use for a vanity...but I did spy this cute little table.  We're going to need one in the basement to put a lamp on...so I figured I might as well find out how much it is.  No price sticker anywhere....so they had to call the person that had that booth...

her response...$45!!  WHAT...I'll take it!!  :)

So now it's my cute little table.  Haven't decided yet if I'm going to leave it chippy or strip it down to the bare wood.  Hmmm...something to WORRY about, lol.

I thought this detail was just so cute...and I couldn't believe it was in such good shape for $45!

In that same booth they had this cute old metal bread box...$30.

It's in great shape too (I need to remember that booth!!)
I'm ready to start decorating...and I MEAN NOW!!!

So here's the tile that I grouted last night...I like it...it's very calm.  I think it will look awesome with that dresser/vanity that I'm working on.

We had some visitors tonight too...eating apples...I'm glad SOMETHING is eating them, cause we're not.  Next year we'll have to figure out what to do with them.  I think the trees are just past their prime and need to be replaced  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment