Wednesday, August 1, 2012

More RedGard

Today I finished the RedGard for the tub surround (that means we're THAT much closer to tiling, yikes!)  I'm not gonna lie...the stuff is kinda stinky...but it's not terrible bad.

1st REAL coat at full strength...

After it dried...RED

I actually did 3 coats at full strenght...I figured if 2 was good, then 3 was better, lol.  Hopefully that is true with RedGard.  I just didn't feel like the coating was as thick as it should be.  I applied the full strength coats with a 3/4" nap roller.  While all this was drying I decided it was time to cut the whole in the old dresser for the sink.

That looks just right!  I left a pretty good edge to support the sink bowl...didn't want to take any chances.  Now I've just got to fix where the old finish is all gummed up where the old mirror was.  Mabye later  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment