Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tub Time?

So when we made the decision to tile the tub surround instead of just using a "regular" surround, I knew that we were going to have to do LOTS of steps.  Let's be honest....who REALLY likes to do lots of steps??  No matter how bad we want to cheap out or take the quick route, we're not going to do it.  That's just not how we roll!  So today I began the chore of waterproofing the HardiBacker with RedGard.  It's this crazy stuff you roll or brush on and when it dries it makes like a rubber coating.  So weird!  :)  But I can see how it would work.

Here's how it looks with the "primer" coat - the RedGard thinned down with water.
That's all I got done for today on that...have to let it dry a bit...so tomorrow I will do the remaining coats.  So next we worked on lighting.  I got these schoolhouse lights that I just love from Lowes, only problem is that for some reason they don't hold tight to the ceiling...so they BARELY cover the light box!  How can we fix this??  Hmmmm....

Isn't it cute?  These lights are above the windows in the kitchen.

Here's how it looks "modified" 
We just made something like a plate to cover more at the base.

There it is...our "fix".  I just took a plain light box cover...plastic...like $2.15, Kade cut holes in them while I was working on the RedGard for the tub.... and then I took the very same spray paint that I used for the closet lights and gave them a quick coat.  The hole in the center didn't even have to be straight because the screw holes are what keeps it centered.  (although anyone that REALLY knows me knows that that being off center still drives me crazy, lol)

There it is again...all fixed....you can't even tell we did anything!
 Now...I can't wait to get the Kitchen cabinets in and see how cute these lights REALLY look :)

I'm going to finish up the RedGard tomorrow while Kade's at work, then we'll see what other trouble I can get in to, lol



No comments:

Post a Comment