Sunday, April 14, 2013

For Better or for Worse :)

That's how I feel about the clutter room cabinet doors at this point  :)  Today I put the final coat of paint on them.  I need to look back and see exactly when I started working on these cabinets (or maybe I don't, I'm sure what I find would be SUPER depressing!)

Had Kade take a few pics of me "working" today.

The Harbor Freight HVLP sprayer works quite well, although I think I need to spend a little more time learning the best paint mixture and appropriate settings on the gun.

Don't you love how I used the trash can to try and get the doors close to "my" height?
Oh my gosh my back/neck/shoulders have been KILLING me during this process.
I'm working muscles that I never even knew existed!

Here's a closeup of a freshly sprayed door.  The texture should subside during the drying process.
(at least a little bit)

Not sure that I necessarily am happy with the results, but this is how they're going to stay.
I'm NOT painting them again!

They look "fine" from a distance, lol.

Kade finished up the window sills for the double windows while I was working on the cabinet doors.
I can not wait until the windows are all trimmed...they're going to look so awesome!

Almost all of our windows are NOT even with the drywall, so we're going to have to do LOTS of detail trimming when we go to put it all together.

I seriously think we should have just built a new house!!
We may have actually been done by now if we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment