Thursday, April 25, 2013

Window Sills & MORE PAINT!

Look!  It's our very first INSTALLED window sill!  Don't you love it?  I do!  Kade did a great job fitting these.  EVERY window had to be custom fit. (imagine that!)

First one installed was the one over the kitchen sink.

It's strange to look and actually see window sills and not just unfinished window :)

Kade got ALL of the new sills installed today.

For some reason he decided he wanted to use "real" nails and not the nail gun.
So there he is...using the nail set and setting each nail he put in.
(I seriously think we BOTH make everything harder than it needs to be!)

I went ahead and did just ONE MORE COAT of paint on the clutter room cabinets.

NOW they should be good to go!

In these pictures from day to day I seriously don't htink I can see ANY difference in the coverage, but I assure you...they needed just one more coat :)

I can't wait to rip this plastic out of there and reveal the "new" cabinets in all of their glory.

Next step is to poly the cabinet doors which are all still down in the basement...
(yikes...makes me nervous just saying it!)
and then head back upstairs and give the cabinet boxes a few coats before I can put this room together once and for all!

I wonder how long I've taken on this room so far...
(note to self) It probably would have cost less to just buy finished cabinets at this point!
How depressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment