Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mirror Mirror On The Wall

Kade finally hung up the mirror in the half bath today.  I just love that mirror :)  It's actually the mirror that goes with the dresser that we're using for the vanity in our hallway bath. (see pics below)

Here's the dresser as I bought it.  I couldn't just let that cute mirror go to waste.  I just thought it seemed a little too small for a bathroom...at least a main bathroom!

Here's the dresser after I stripped it down and cut it's "sink" hole.

Refinished and ready to have the drawers modified

And here's the mirror in its final resting place.
I just love how the lights kind of "hug" the top of it :)
Now we need to finish the chair rail in there and that room will be....DONE??
Oh wait, no...it still needs to have the trim touched up and then it's door put back on the hinges!


I finally built my nerves up today and sprayed the first coat of polyurethane on the cabinet doors.
I used Minwax polycrylic - it's suppose to be a true "clear" finish...which is what I wanted on our white white cabinets. (and not what I got with the minwax waterbased wipe on that I used on the cabinet boxes!)

Can you see the results...

Here's a closer shot....YEP...that is crackle!
WHAT THE HECK??  I have NO IDEA why this happened.
I would swear these cabinets are TRYING to kill me! (or at the very least make me go insane!)

They don't look bad from a distance.  I'm going to have to think about this one a little.
Maybe another coat will fix the problem?

I'm seriously beginning to think that our basement is where cabinets go to die!
(or at the very least try my patience something fierce!)

I guess I'll revisit this tomorrow - UGH!
But honestly...why would I expect this to go smoothly??  Not much else has!

Here's the HVLP spray gun that I used.  I THOUGHT it was doing a pretty good job, lol.
Maybe it's my technique...maybe it's the poly...maybe it's....
TIME FOR ME TO GO TO BED!!
I'll worry about it tomorrow (and believe me...I WILL worry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment