Friday, April 12, 2013

Crowning Glory!!

 OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT!!!  Crown moulding is one of my favorite things!  Today I FINISHED the crown in the clutter room and around the kitchen cabinets.  It all needed to be painted just one last time.

The pantry side of the clutter room.  LOVE!

I still need to put the poly on the tops of these cabinets - that's in the plans for tomorrow morning.
(you can see the color difference now, the top is really white, that's what's waiting for poly!)

The laundry side of the clutter room.

Laundry baskets will go here in the bottom on shelves, and t.p. and paper towel above (I think)
Don't you love sandpaper and spackling still in the cabinet.  That reminds me, I REALLY need to wipe out those cabinets!  They are full of sanding dust from EVERYTHING that we've done in this room.

The cabinet above the washer & dryer.  I have NO IDEA what's going up there!

Kitchen crown moulding....it looks AMAZING (thank you Jeremy for putting it up!)
Just gotta get the trim on those windows and the backsplash up so we can get the faucet in...
and then the kitchen will be DONE!! (minus the appliances)

Above both windows in the kitchen I painted the trim white like the rest of the house.
(please ignore the "mock" trim around the window, Kade pulled that down tonight)

See how the two colors of trim meet.

You better believe I got up there with a little tiny brush and did some precision trim painting :)

Wednesday I caved and ordered a new galvanized tub to use as the clutter room sink.  It came today and BOY oh BOY is it shiny, lol.  Gonna have to try and give that some distressing if it passes the water test. :)


I filled it up with water and sat it by the floor drain in the basement before we left tonight.

So far it looks like it's going to hold water (that's the guarantee anyway, lol)
I'll check it again in the morning and if it still passes then I've got some more work to do!

Hoping tomorrow we can get some windows trimmed and maybe I can FINALLY get the last coat of paint on those cabinet doors.  What on earth will I work on once those cabinet doors are done???

ONE LAST THING
before I go tonight.

This is my 200th blog post!  Can you believe that??

No comments:

Post a Comment