Saturday, April 13, 2013

This and That

Today was one of those days that was just a little bit of everything.  First thing I did this morning was run down and check the wash tub that I bought for the laundry sink.

water level looked good...

don't see anything around the bottom...

and NOTHING underneath!  Yeah!
It passed the water test!

Then I took it outside to attempt to make it have a little less shine  :)
After a google search I found a post where they said that Lysol toilet bowl cleaner would "age" galvanized metal....so....you know what I did next!
(here's the actual post)

I grabbed a sponge and an old piece of cardboard that I've been spraying when I clean out my paint sprayer and headed to the front yard.  It was so nice and sunny this afternoon.

This is the brand of tub that I bought.
Hopefully this works!!

Here's what the final result was after the toilet bowl cleaner sat for an hour and a half.

It looks better....but I think I may give it another coat tomorrow...maybe I'll put it on a little thicker.

So while I was doing this, Kade started cutting the new window sills.
We had our local milling company make us some 1" x 3.5" x 8' poplar boards.
The old sills were a full inch thick...and I really liked that more than even a 3/4" board.

Kade really is good at whatever he does.
After he cut and double checked the fit on the new sills he handed them over to me and I eased all of the edges and gave them all their final sanding.

Don't those just look chunky and nice :)

I almost feel bad having to put primer on them!

This is an example of what we're working with (sorry the pic is so dark)
The house already had replacement windows and jamb extensions, so we have to just make it work.

 I think that's a pretty good fit.  Our side pieces are 3.5"if I remember correctly.

Hopefully tomorrow we can get the 2 kitchen windows all trimmed out.
(it's almost funny what I think we can get done in a day...seriously...you'd think I would learn)



I labeled all of the backs of the sills so we'd know where they go...JUST IN CASE!


We must have been really motivated today, lol!
I also finished up the polyurethane in the clutter room (laundry/pantry)

Don't you like how I taped off what I had left to do.
Hey, I didn't want to get polyurethane on the ceiling!

Why does prep always take longer than actually doing the job??
It's seriously ridiculous sometimes!

Laundry...

DONE!

Pantry...

DONE!

Now I've just gotta get those cabinet doors done
(for real, what is my problem??)
They're on the schedule (in my head) for tomorrow.
(as well as more toilet bowl cleaner on the wash tub, finishing window sills with Kade, and trimming out the kitchen windows, lol.  Wonder if I'll actually get any of it done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment