Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Little Things

Are we done yet??  Ha!  NOT EVEN CLOSE!  At least we're not looking at stud walls with wiring & unfinished plumbing hanging out!! On Wednesday we drove over to STL and went to Lumber Liquidators to pick up the tongue & groove pine for the sunroom and the stairway walls.  Today it was a little bit cooler so I decided I'd better get the closet lights out and painted while I could still breathe, lol.  I found these lights on ebay for about $8 each after shipping...I thought they were so cute and went well with the traditional/vintage style that we have.  I got such a good deal because they are SHINY brass, lol.  I picked up some Rustoleum Metallic paint & primer in one spray paint in Oil Rubbed Bronze (that's what the rest of our fixtures are)

Minus the color I think they'll be cute!

layed them all out on some cardboard...

Wow....that IS shiny, lol...

MUCH BETTER!!  I'll have to take a pic when we get them put up!

I also laid out the pattern for the tub surround.  3x6 white subway tile w/2 stripes of brown glass....LOVE IT!

I think we've got the right height and everything...the idea of tiling is making me so nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment