Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Flooring Filled Day

So I'm still not entirely sold on the flooring for the laundry/mudroom/1/2 bath.  Ugh!  There's just something about it.  So today I went to town...ran errands...visited Lowes & Home Depot (imagine that) and then went on to do some shopping for some different tile.  While I didn't have any luck (so I guess I'm using what we've already got) I did find a great deal on some Travertine.  I've got to call them and tell them that I want it....hopefully they've still got it.  I think it will work perfectly in our basement bathroom.  I'm a little concerned that travertine is just too fancy for a basement bath...but since our actual family room is down there I think it will be ok.


I think it'll be pretty, and work really nicely with the vintage cabinet & sink that we're using for our vanity.

After I got back from errands and Kade got home from work we went straight to grouting.  I hope it turns out ok.  I get myself worked up about every project that we do, lol.

I think Bisque was the grout color that we chose.

Done...cleaned up...and ready to install a toilet!!!
Let's make that a priority!!  :)

Kade sat in a couple of the cabinets for the mudroom while I was grouting.  I'm going to love this.  He said tonight that this was what he was most excited about!  That makes me smile!

Before we stopped for the evening I had Kade hook up an option for the "over the island" lights...the other one he had to just hold up there...which one do you like best?  I think I like the big one.  I've got 2 other options for that spot...but these are the ones I've wanted from the get go...so they're probably going to win out in the end  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment