Saturday, May 26, 2012

NEW GARAGE DOOR!! Woo-hoo!!

Well, it was sure a hot one today!  My Dad and is friend Lyle worked on installing our new garage door.  Remember the old one??  YUCK!

I just can't figure out why everything on this house had to be a shade of skin!!

I wish I had a closeup of the door in its original state.  Peely, flaky, grossness!

Let the games begin!  (notice Dad's sweat band, I'm not going to lie though..it had to be helpful!)  That would be Dad on the right, Scott (my brother) behind Dad, Cathy behind Scott (Lyle's wife) and then Lyle on the left.  How many people does it actually take to put together a garage door?

Cathy really tried to get the guys to READ the directions...but where is the fun in that?

Lyle & Kade - look at them...are we sure they're not related??

I mean seriously...look at their shapes...tall & skinny, lol.

Dad is figuring out the garage door opener. 

Ah...Kade's got it now!

Look at that....sooooo much better!!


Lesson learned for the day...if all else fails...READ THE DIRECTIONS!!
Better yet...START OUT BY READING THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE  :)

When it was all finally put together and functioning Kade just kept looking at it and thinking that SOMETHING just wasn't right.  Turns out the non-direction-reading Dad & Lyle put all of the hinges on BACKWARDS, lol!  They switched all of that back around and then we finally had a PROPERLY functioning garage door!  Doesn't it look great?

1 comment:

  1. Garage doors are the worst! I almost lost and arm once when one of my tension cables came loose!

    ReplyDelete