Friday, April 13, 2012

Cabinets are Ordered!!

FINALLY (now that I've got my fancy sink, grin) I can get the cabinets actually ordered!  The final decision on them was to stain the island and have everything else painted soft white.  I think because the kitchen is so big it will help it to not look too cold (plus the sunroom is right by the kitchen and it's going to be pretty much all white!!)

Left to right- Backsplash color, wall cabinets, stained island,
island countertop and the bottom is the hardwood floor!





 Island: It's now 8' long...not exactly sure on the width yet...we're thinking about 38".
The middle cabinet is actually a trash can - that'll be SO NICE!  I hate to see the trash! :)


We just went ahead and ordered all of the cabinets at the same time...so that meant the mudroom, laundry and pantry cabinets too!  For the laundry/pantry in the clutter room we were able to use a set of display cabinets from the cabinet shop that were only $1,000 - we just had to add a couple more cabinets to the order.  We also got the sink, faucet and countertop (ok, the countertop has got to go, lol)  These are the same style as the kitchen/mudroom cabinets...the doors just aren't "inset".  I'm going to have to paint them though I think...light, just like the rest of them!  Here's the display that we bought:  I cant't believe that we got such a good deal and were actually able to make it work in our space!  YEAH!



Pantry side of the clutter room. (remember I bought a little table on wheels to go at the end on the left.)  We had to add the 24" base cabinet and one 3 drawer set on this side.

Laundry side.   We added the tall pantry cabinet (for my laundry baskets) and then the cabinet above the washer/dryer.  I know this room looks big....but I think it's going to shrink drastically when we get everything installed!  It will still be very usable...just not quite as large as we'd like  :)

The mudroom, ahhhh, I'm going to love this spot!   These cabinets will match the kitchen wall cabinets, painted in soft white with inset doors and soft close hinges.  LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment