Thursday, April 19, 2012

Time Out!

We had to take a break!!  Soooo...our friends The Harmans were invited to Nashville, TN to play at a memorial show at The Station Inn for singer/songwriter Harley Allen.  He wrote SOOOO many amazing songs, lots of my favorites that The Harmans sing as well as The Baby by Blake Shelton, My Last Name by Dierks Bentley, The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery, and MANY, MANY others!!  Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!  We decided we'd tag along for the show.  I have a cousin that lives in Clarksville, TN that didn't get to come home for Easter, so we stayed with her and her boys (her hubby is in the Army)  The boys were AMAZING!  Her youngest...oh my...he's going to be an architect...and I LOVE IT!  He was drawing floor plans like I couldn't believe...and he's only in 3rd grade!!  It was great!


We had to spend a little bit of time waiting for The Harmans to get to The Station Inn (imagine that, lol!) so we sat in the parking lot a little bit and when I got on my phone I had to laugh.....this is what popped up on my available networks...

Let's be serious...that's the best list of available networks that I've ever seen!  :)

We stopped by Antique Archaeology Nashville, it was pretty cool, but more of an advertisement for the tv show than an actual place to shop  :(


So Wednesday night was the show...and a great show it was.  Del McCoury was there, lots of songwriters, Gary Allan stopped by, and of course my favorite...The Harmans  :)  The guys did a great show...and are invited back whenever they want to come!!  (I see a summer trip in the works!!)

Del McCoury (and Corrinna over there on the left...yeah!)

Gary Allan singing Bourbon Borderline

MY FAVORITE!!  The Harmans.  Mike, Jeffie (in the back) Mark singing and Johnny on the Mandolin

Thursday we drove back down to Nashville and went to see an old friend of mine.  We did a LITTLE catching up, but it was great to see him.  He's always working.  The life of a chef I guess  :)  He works at Tavern in Nasvhille.  He told us a couple of places to check out...and we found the time to go to a few of them....and in that I found the most awesome dining room tables EVER!  I've got to get one.  The store is called Karmal Skillington...Oh...My...Gosh!!  We both loved it...Kade and I could have purchased every single thing in the store!!  :)  Before heading back to Clarksville we made a stop at a salvage yard...Hailey's Salvage to be exact....LOVED IT!!  I just love stuff!  What is wrong with me??  It's like....I'd like some more things please, lol!  We ended up buying 4 old enamel pendant lights...I think they'd be great in my craft room!  (and they were only $20 each!)

Look at all of that stuff....


Wish they would have had some square newel posts or balusters for the new stairs!!

So...one more night with my cousin and then we will head home tomorrow (Friday)  That'll give us the whole weekend to get some work done on the house!  What a nice break that we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment