Sunday, November 11, 2012

More Doors & Countertops!

Another new door is in!  Although I don't love installing them, I LOVE what they can do in terms of positive change when they are fully installed!  Remember our old side garage door?

So gross!


and now the new door!  It even makes our skin colored aluminum siding look not SO bad, lol. 
Perfect!!  I don't think we're going to put a storm door there...I don't really see much need at this time.

I moved the wooden countertops in to the mudroom today too

Now we can install the upper cabinets!  YEAH!

I'm actually really happy with how they turned out.  Although I had that trouble with the dust.  My solution was to SPRAY on a fourth coat of spar urethane.  It's not as smooth as I'd like it to be, but at least it's not full of dust flecks!  So I guess what it comes down to is that I must have had dust in my brush...even though I bought it new for this project...and even though I cleaned it really well after each use.


And the finished pieces in the clutter room.  Now to just cut that hole for the WASH TUB sink :)
(I'm going to do it...so Kade better just go ahead and agree already!)

Pantry side...nothing going there...just the countertop, so it is ready.
Oh...and I still need to paint the cabinets white in here.
I know what some of you are saying...YOU'RE GOING TO PAINT THOSE??
(can you tell I've heard that before?) and the answer is YES!!!  I am most definitely going to paint those!!  Sorry folks!  I wanted white cabinets in the clutter room.

I went to the garage to check on the kitchen counter..and you guessed it...the finish is messed up on that one too!  Ugh!  This time...not dust...no...BUGS!!  HOW RUDE!!
Why do bugs LOVE to land on things that are freshly painted or polyurethaned??

Over all though I think it looks so nice.
My fingers are still crossed that it fits perfectly over the sink!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment