Monday, November 5, 2012

Light Time!

Island lighting that is!  I had my heart completely set on these large bell pendants that I had gotten from Overstock.com, but over the last few months I found a couple other ones that I thought might work as well.  Kade is NOT a fan of the large bell pendant...he thinks that it hangs down too low. (In my defense, I am shorter than he is, so it doesn't hang in my line of sight, lol)  Poor Kade had to hang all these lights and stretch himself over the island.  I bet his arms are dead now!

 First options:  Large Bell Pendant and Utility Pendant Light

Then we moved to a pendant that let a little more light out, but didn't hang so low...
and still the utility pendant light

Then we have my good 'ol cheapo's that I bought so we could just make our own pendants, lol.
Yes, I am serious, that was actually my plan from the get-go.  Who doesn't want to make their own pendant lights??

For now I think we both actually like the utility style pendant lights.  I'd like them to put off a bit more light though...so maybe we can get a glass shade part instead of the metal??

And finally...our countertop is back..and it finally acceptable.

Here's a picture of the Tigris Sand.  It's actually a bit less gray than this...not so dark.
I love it!  Can't wait to bake everything under the sun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment