Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Vanity!

Ok...so remember this cabinet?  I saw it when I went shopping to find an old dresser to turn into the vanity for the hall bath.  Well...we went to pick that up and I decided I really just needed to have this one too! :)  I was thinking this one might be good for the vanity in the basement bathroom.


Soooo...we drug it up to the new house and I dug out an old cast iron sink that I just happened to have on hand from one of my Dad's friends. (Thanks Floyd!!) and can you even believe this???


 The sink fits on top of that cabinet PERFECTLY!!  Well....ok....maybe not entirely perfectly...we did have to trim a few boards in the top of the cabinet to make room for the actual sink bowl.  But come on...that sink fits RIGHT on top of there!!  CRAZY!  It was meant to be for sure!  I decided that i still want it to be painted...but right now it's got a ZILLION coats of paint on it!  It would be best if I stripped all of the old paint off and started new again.  So...you guessed it....out I went with stripper in hand.  Check this out....

It's such a good feeling when you start stripping a piece of furniture and the paint comes off this easily!!  Not much is better than bubbling paint, lol!

I think there were 5 or 6 different coats of paint!  I'm still not done, but will have to finish it another day.  I just couldn't get all of that stuff off of there!! (and I ran out of mineral spirits!!)  I can't wait to see this finished though....I hope it looks as good in real life as it already looks in my head!! 

Oh...and before I go....I've been searching high and low for a kitchen sink....we thought we were getting a big single bowl white sink from Lowes....until I actually touched it....GROSS!  It was like plastic.  Absolutely terrible.  So I've been looking everywhere...and doing LOTS of online searching.  Well...I found a Whitehaus Fireclay Single Bowl Farmhouse Sink this last week on ebay....and it was CHEAP!  Well...today I won the bid!  I got a $700 sink for about $180!  We've still got to pay freight shipping to get it here...but from my calculations that's only going to be like $80!  Oh...and it's only coming from Kansas City, MO...so it's only about 4.5 hours away!  I can't wait till it gets here.....and I hope it arrives safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment