Friday, February 24, 2012

And I shopped some MORE!!!

Shopping actually seems like just about all I've been doing lately.  Mostly for lighting and tile, but there are plenty of other things in between that I've been trying to pick out too.  I've found some inspiration over the last several months...a lot of them are leaning toward a vintage style...not retro, but vintage.  I've got 2 clawfoot bathtubs that I bought over 10 years ago...and Kade has agreed to let me use one of them in the master bathroom!  YEAH!  Here are a couple bathrooms that I really like...

I love this floor...think that's what we're going to do!

For some reason this is one of my fav's!  Thinking about trying to make a "vanity" like this one...

Wish we had bigger bathrooms so that we could do double pedestals...cute!

I really like the beadboard too, so we'll probably do that on the wall in the master bath and possibly the half bath.



Found this a Home Depot!  Can't believe it's only 2.57!  Yeah!




Can you even begin to believe that this is the light that I think I want in the master bathroom?  (with the clawfoot tub)  It's got a vintage romantic look about it.  For some reason I love it!

 
This to go above the mirror in there...I think those two would go together alright.


Then here's some other lighting that I really think I like...and for different places around the house...

For the entry, just inside the front door.

This one to put above the stairs to the basement.  (So you'll be able to see it from the entry, dining room, kitchen and sitting area upstairs.)

I think this would be cute in the half bath over the pedestal sink.  It's got an oil rubbed bronze finish.


I also had to check out the railing parts...it's expensive to do stairs!!  I guess these are what we'll be going with.  I love the square Newel posts for sure.  I hope everything isn't starting to look super "Missiony" in style.  Hmmmm.


Gotta have a shoerail.  I don't want to have to dust around every spindle that hits the floor. (Guess that means I'll just have to dust around every spindle that hits the shoerail, lol)

Wish I could just build my own newel posts....I am actually considering this one!

Next is the stairs....now that the termite wall is down it is time!!
Why does this task bother me so much?



No comments:

Post a Comment