Sunday, February 26, 2012

We did it!!

This morning we took down the rest of the old stairs....this is the true test!  If the new stringers don't work then we're in trouble...we'll have to use a ladder to go to the basement or to come upstairs!  Not easy to do while carrying tools, ha ha!

Look at that hole!  Mom wasn't a fan I can tell you that!  She's afraid of heights and even this bothered her!  I'm so glad I didn't get that gene!

LOOK!!!  NEW STAIRS!!  With temporary plywood treads!!
We even managed to shorten the actual run of the stairs by 3"!  YES!!

Look at those beauties!!  lol!  Who knew I'd be so excited about stairs!!  I actually think I'm more excited by the fact that we did them correctly...and on the first try!


Now we've got to move a floor joist below the new 1/2 bath.
Wouldn't you know it's dead center on where the toilet drain needs to go??
Are we ready to drywall yet??  (Ha, not quite, it's gonna be awhile!)

No comments:

Post a Comment