Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ahhh...Flowers

Today we took a little road trip to Zimmerman's Greenhouse...close to Vandalia, IL.  It was a trip that I hadn't made yet.  Mom, Angie and I jumped int he truck around 11 and took the little over an hour drive to go see what all the fuss was about....

Well....let me tell you...the fuss is definitely about something!!!  Now mind you...we are all three flower lovers...(like seriously...I think we have an illness, lol)  It was soooooo hot....who goes to a greenhouse when it's 100 degrees outside??  It's like we're asking for punishment!

But just look at all of these beautiful flowers!!!

I've never seen such gorgeous begonia's....LOVE them!

The shade house...still going strong in the middle of June.

Wonder how many we can fit in the truck  :)

Look at this one....GORGEOUS!!
I LOVE yellow & purple flowers together!

These planters were just huge...like 3.5' tall.

Wish the new house was done...I can see two of these on the front porch :)

Seriously...what do they do to their begonia's?

This was one of my favorites...how cute is this.  It's probably about 2' wide!

So between the three of us we FILLED the truck bed and cab, lol.  There was NO more room in the Inn.  We're going to have to make this trip again for sure.

Oh, and we had lunch at this cute little Amish Country Store just up the road from Zimmerman's.  What's better than a homemade hot ham & cheese sandwich for lunch and then buying bulk foods at the same place??  FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment