Sunday, June 3, 2012

Come on....

Oh my gosh...our list of things to finish before drywall is getting smaller and smaller (but still never ending, lol!)  What is up with that??  I'm hoping to be all ready upstairs for drywall by June 11.  That's right...I said JUNE 11..and yes, I realize that is only 8 days away!!

This is what I've been doing....sealing off all holes in the walls - around wires or where we've pulled old wires out and not replaced them.

I've also been working on the insulation.  Most of the old is being replaced with a product called Roxul.  I LOVE IT!!  It's so much nicer to work with than fiberglass insulation!

You can't see them, but the can lights are all ready to go above the stairs!

Oh look it's Kade moving the sitting room light.  (I know he didn't want to do it, but he will be glad that he did when all is said and done)

Don't know if I showed this before...that's the dresser that we're converting to the hall bath vanity.  This is the dresser that's mirror I "stole" for the half bath!

Fiberglass insulation between the bedrooms

The big front bedroom...getting filled with Roxul!

There's the new GeoThermal...still not all hooked up.
Kade's got a couple thing to do still with the plumbing!

Oh look, it's our finished concrete hole!!  NICE!

More of our finished concrete...so nice!

I thought I'd take a little stroll around the outside and see what else is going on out there now.  I get so caught up on the work that I forget that there are actually some GOOD things that don't require our constant labors, lol!

Yummy!  I wish where these are located wasn't such a mess!  Raspberries are one of my fav's!

Grapes are growing in that same mess.  Hopefully these will make it and I will get to eat a few!

And then we've got gooseberries too!  I haven't tried a green one yet, but I did try a purple one (I didn't even know that they got purple, lol!)  Not too bad I must say!

Oh look, it's me doing insulation!  Look, I do exist!  AND I actually work on the house, lol!

Just about done in here!  I've got a few more wire holes to fill with the fire barrier, then I can put the rest of the insulation in!

Even Kade likes to install the Roxul!  See...he's doing it now instead of working on the wiring and plumbing that need to be finished, lol!  Gotta love him!

This stuff is so cool because most of the scraps we will even be able to use.  It's an R15, and such a dense insulation.  Mold and Moisture resistant and the rodents DON'T LIKE IT!!  YAY!!

Well lookie there...the front bedroom is DONE!  Just need to clean out all of the old insulation as soon as we get another dumpster. (which we will be doing right before the drywallers come.  We actually got all three of the bedrooms done.  Now I just need to finish some interior walls, the kitchen and the sunroom.  Ahhh...that looks a lot worse when I type it all out like this :)

Oh yes...we've decided that we are going to have the drywall done.  All along I've said that we were going to do it...but we decided it was worth the money to get it done soooo much quicker!  So we are working on our check list so that they can come SOON!!  We've only got a few more things to check off of the list...so it won't be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment