Thursday, June 28, 2012

WOW!!!

So today was the HOTTEST day of 2012 so far I'm pretty sure...and doesn't that just make sense?  It was day 1 of drywall hanging - and NO AIR CONDITIONING IS ALLOWED WITH ALL THE DRYWALL DUST!!  The guys got here right at 7 a.m. (ewwww...I don't want to be up and moving yet at 7 a.m....but I drug myself up since this was such an exciting day!)  It was absolutely AMAZING how fast these guys can work...I think I may have gone in to momentary shock while watching them, lol.

When I came to check around noonish they already had all of the ceilings done...

Look at how much better that looks without old insulation falling out of the ceiling, ha ha!

Front Bedroom

View of the Kitchen area...it looks SOOOO different!

The laundry half of the "clutter" room.  Kade walked in here tonight, came back out and said
"Our laudry room is so cute" lol.  I would have to agree with him on that one too!

Master Bedroom Bath & Closet

View of 1/2 Bath/Mudroom/Clutter Room from the Kitchen. 

I just can't believe what all they got done today...absolutely AMAZING!!


On a side note...a little damage has been done to my Grandma's old sewing table base that I was using for the sink base.  :(  I guess to much moving it around - the back support bar broke.

Hopefully we can figure out a way to still make it work...I just loved it together with the sink top I found.  Remember how cute they look?

 I still love it :)  We've just GOT to make it work!

 
It's not SUPER obvious where the break actually is!

Since the guys were working upstairs on drywall, we worked in the basement.  The bedroom wall was originally a 2x4 wall with cedar boxing in around the post.  We knew we weren't going to be happy with that.  The light switch for the bedroom and the outlet were both on that post...so you had to walk into the room about 6 feet before you could even turn the light on.  Pretty annoying if you ask me!  So we removed that wall and will rebuild it with 2x6's...completely enclosing the post and moving the switch to its proper location.  It's going to be so much nicer!  Ya know...sometimes I do wish that we could just skimp on our work, lol, we probably would have been done with the entire house by now if we didn't want to make everything perfect!

 It looks HUGE without that wall there...not that a 16x18 bedroom is small even with the wall up, lol

We finally got the old insulation out too...I can't wait to see how the basement turns out!

The guys will be back around 8 in the morning to finish hanging the drywall.
How come we can't work at the same pace that they do?




No comments:

Post a Comment