Monday, October 22, 2012

Poly - Pretty Poly!

I finally started the final stages of finishing the small pieces of countertop for the mudroom and clutter (laundry) room.  I am having a TERRIBLE time with dust though (imagine that...in a house under construction....there's dust!)  I also got the poly on the hall bath dresser-vanity conversion!  I so can not wait to see that all put together and in place!  We used Helmsman Spar Urethane (actually by Minwax)  This stuff is AWESOME!  But not to be used on everything.  The way I would describe it is a stretchy polyurethane.  You don't get a rock hard finish...so it's perfect for wood that may be somewhere wet...as it will still allow the wood to expand.



 Don't worry....I didn't do a gloss finish on any of this.  The poly is just wet still.

Drawers that need to be modified for the vanity.  Add that to our *to do* list!

I just love the shape of this dresser.  It's going to be so cool when complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment