Sunday, October 21, 2012

Staining the Wooden Countertops

Over the past month or so I've been testing a bunch of stain colors, mixtures, with wood conditioner, without wood conditioner, etc. so I can finish all of the wooden countertops.  FINALLY...I think I've got something I like.  First of all
NO WOOD CONDITIONER!!
I just could not get the stain dark enough when I used it!
What I ended up doing was Minwax English Chestnut, Minwax Dark Walnut, and then another coat of English Chestnut.

That sure doesn't look very dark.

There are so many pieces of countertop, lol

That's looking a little better.  I think one more coat of English Chestnut and they'll be finished!
These I actually stained over the course of a few days.
Remember to let them dry FULLY before putting polyurethane on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment