Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Rude Awakening!

That's right..I said RUDE!!  March 24th and we wake up to snow, snow and more snow!  It just kept coming down!  I'm so ready for spring this year!!

Look at it this morning!  The snow was just giant flakes coming down at top speed.

Of course we decided that we needed to run to the grocery store, lol!  Good thing it's only 5 minutes away.  Look how awful the road was.  Totally snow packed.

That car didn't make it!  These are the days that I am SOOOO glad that I drive a big 'ol truck with 4 wheel drive!

I will admit that it was KIND OF pretty :)  Love those cardinals out on the clothesline at my parents house.  There were probably 15 of them out there at lunch time!

Of course, I'm always a sucker for my brother.  He came home Friday and has been doing nothing but fishing since he got here.  How did I let him talk me into going out in this to take some pics of him???  I am SOOOO out of shape and I think I put on entirely too many clothes, lol.  It wasn't really that cold, just snowy, you should have heard my breathing by the time we got to the lake, lol.  Note to self...do more cardio and learn to breathe properly!

Here's a little time lapse of the snow today.  I think all in all we probably got 14".

10:45 AM

3:30 PM

7:00 PM

Now I'm ready for this to all melt so we can get back to the house to work!
One good thing did come of today though...I worked on my taxes.
Apparently it takes getting snowed in for me to get them done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment