Thursday, March 14, 2013

Door Day!

So Kade is off at a conference in Vegas and I am determined to keep the progress moving while he's gone.  He left on Tuesday and will be back home around 10 o'clock tomorrow night.  Sooooo...I've enlisted the help of an old friend to come out and paint all of the interior doors and trim so we can get this show on the road.  We've been impatiently waiting for decent weather so that we can take the trim out and paint it...however Jan & Feb are NOT the prime months in Illinois to do that, lol!


Last night I worked in the basement to get it "cleaned" up so we can paint the interior doors down there.  Just for the upstairs alone we have 17 doors that need to be painted, yikes!


  So my old friend Jeremy came today, and brought his airless paint sprayer (did I tell you that I bought one, but am afraid to use it on a job that needs to be done so nicely?  I'm going to need practice before I start doing "fine" detail work) anyway...he took down all of the interior doors and carried them to the basement.  I actually felt kind of bad because they're all SOLID doors, and heavy as a mug!

He got two coats done on each side AND the touch up done today.  That sprayer is amazing.  Now I'm kind of looking forward to getting mine out and trying it sometime!  Maybe I'll spray the doors for the basement!

Look at them!  The color is actually just a bright white base from Sherwin Williams.  I just can't get in to the gray whites that they have everywhere!  They look so drab.

So now all of the doors are painted and Jeremy will be back tomorrow to paint all of the trim (and there is a TON of it).  The weather was actually pretty nice today...and tomorrow it's suppose to be even nicer.

I have to admit, while Kade and I haven't been good at letting ANYONE help us...it was really nice to watch Jeremy work and to know that something was getting done and Kade and I weren't having to do any of it, lol.  Is that wrong??

No comments:

Post a Comment