Friday, March 8, 2013

Cabinet Door Crazy!

Well the last few weeks have been trying that's for sure.  I just can't seem to get a good coat of paint on these cabinet doors for the clutter room.

Can you see those little bubbles?
They are on every single cabinet door.  SO IRRITATING!!

So finally Wednesday I had just had it....

I sat on the floor in the basement and sanded smooth every.single.cabinet.door that I had spent so much of my time on over the last few weeks.

Most of them look comparable to this now  :(

So tonight I spot primed all of the backs of them..
tomorrow I'll do the front side and sand them smooth again.

I still can't believe that it has come to this!

I've got them SUPER SMOOTH now.  I'm not even going to attempt to use that Wagner Control Max sprayer again...at least for this project.  Gerrrr! 

So I have researched all types of paint sprayers...and I've ordered the Graco X5 and a different type of HVLP sprayer.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get a finish that I'm happy with.
I would have never thought I'd have so much trouble with this step.

I can tell you one thing for sure...I am TIRED of priming, painting and sanding these cabinet doors!!
Here's to a brighter tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment