Saturday, June 1, 2013

Finishing Tiling

Another weekend...and it's time to tile again :)  Actually...we got quite a bit done today.  First stop, laundry sink backsplash....here's the final layout that we decided to go with.

Remind me again why I had to do something so difficult :)

First things first was to finish cutting out the black 3/4" tiles so I could replace them with the tumbled brown after we got them all up on the wall.

Beautiful, right?  ha ha! Why do I do this to myself (and my husband??)

Here I go.  I started on the inside corner so that it "should" come out straight in the end.
I actually used marble chair rail on the sides to kind of "frame" in our design.

And...I'm off!  Kade cut my edge pieces so I could keep going!

We used white mastic in here again just to be sure we didn't change the color of the marble (since it's a natural stone it WILL absorb whatever you put behind it)

Pretty fast, huh?  NOT!  I work at a snails pace!
(a.k.a. a perfectionists pace)

Almost done.  Then I just have to fill the holes with the brown marble squares!

Kade put the final edge piece up. (those are not my man hands, lol)

and now it's time....here we go!

I love how it's coming together!

Why didn't they just use the brown marble in the first place??
It really just tones it down a bit.  Just my style.

DONE!  Can we grout yet? lol.  I'm getting so impatient these days!

What do you think?  Gonna put that galvanized tub back in for the sink, and the oil rubbed bronze pull out faucet.  I think it's going to be great!

I also finished the backsplash that goes behind the stove and under the microhood.  We had the extra tile so I decided we might as well just go all the way down the wall.

As if that wasn't enough for the day... 

Mark, Johnny, Dad and Kade came and got the clawfoot tub out of the back of the truck.

It was NOT light.  I think the freight sheet said 475lbs.  Is that all?

LOOK WHERE THEY LEFT IT!!!  UGH!
How the heck am I suppose to work around that?
I still need to touch up the baseboard in there.
BREATHE....
It will be ok!

All in all it was a VERY productive day.  Wish they were all like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment