Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No joke!!

OH MY GOSH!!!  This has been such a frustrating day!!!  I decided since the weather was decent that I should probably go ahead and sand the wooden countertops...after all...these boards are just regular 2x10's like you'd use as a floor joist!


Here's an idea of what I had to deal with....

and this is NOT a joke!!  I seriously broke that many sheets of sandpaper with my belt sander!!  I used the Black & Decker Dragster.  I love that thing...but COME ON...what's with all the broken paper???

I honestly can't believe how flat we got these.

Here she is again....the 16 footer  :)

So my arms are about dead...can't believe I could sand so much!  I FINALLY ran to the local hardware store and bought some new paper.  I guess the paper I had was just old...so the tape at the joint kept tearing or just falling off, lol.  Dad helped for awhile with his belt sander...so we tried to crank out the work!  We used 80 and then 150 grit....I'll hit it with 220 when I sand by hand before staning.

I can't believe we got them all done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment