Monday, May 27, 2013

Backsplash City!

It's like non-stop backsplash around here lately!  Kitchen, clutter room and laundry!  But we're just about done with all three!  YEAH!  Today I figured out which tile/pattern that we're going to use behind the laundry sink.  Of course....it ended up being something that would just take more time :)

Home Depot had this tile for I think $10 for 1 sq. ft...you can run it horizontally or diagonally.  Of course, diagonally looked the best to us (duh, it's going to be more difficult!)  White marble with little 3/4" black marble tiles.  Well...there was something just a little off about it (as much as we loved it)

Ah....that looks better.  I found some 3/4" tumbled brown marble at Lowes for about the same price...so does that mean now I have to cut out all of those black 3/4" tiles??

That's enough of that for today!
Lets get the kitchen backsplash done!

Going up!  Didn't take too terribly long - a pretty easy install I would say.

I love it!  Can't wait to grout.

It looks so much more "finished" with a backsplash!


We still need to do behind the stove area.  I'll try and do that tomorrow. 

I can't wait to get all the tools and stuff put away.  Then it will actually start looking like a house and not a construction zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment