Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Hole Has Been Cut!

I can't believe it!!  All of this time waiting and the day has finally come!!  Kade cut the hole in the laundry sink countertop for the wash tub & pull out faucet!  I realize that it's NOT a traditional sink!

BUT OMG!!  I LOVE IT!!

We've still got to cut the hole in the bottom for the drain...maybe this weekend.
Now it's time to pick the tile for the backsplash!

This one is a natural stone...like slices of rocks...
and some of my favorite rocks with crystals exposed!

This one is a 3x6 white marble with a strip of smaller white/gray marble tiles.


I really thought I'd love this one...marble octagons turned at an angle.
I'm starting to think it's a little too busy though!

Another marble :) pinwheel pattern.

2x4 marble subway.  I think this one might be a little to gray.

Same 2x4 marble subway tile with that smaller white/gray accent strip.

White ceramic octagons...hmmm.

The white subway that we're using in the kitchen.

The white subway with that white/gray marble accent strip

I seriously need to give myself LESS options!!
I think we've narrowed it down to the top two.  The natural stone or the 3x6 marble.
UGH!!  SOMEONE ELSE DECIDE FOR ME!!!

If we do the natural stone then we'll do this beadboard backsplash on the pantry side.
If we do the 3x6 marble subway then I think we'll just do the same on both sides.

I also finally decided what to do in the back of the mudroom sitting area!
Can you believe it...a decision, lol!

I was thinking that since that wall will just get scuffed in the back of the seat anyway we might as well just use a darker color all the way up.  Well...we had some of the walnut flooring left, so why not just run it up the wall?  Then I can hang the hooks on something the same color as the cabinets!

I do believe that will work!  Now we've just got to finish cutting and get them all nailed up!
Have I mentioned that it REALLY needs to stop raining around here??
We're going to have a bunch of stuff to run through the table saw when we finally get a dry day!

No comments:

Post a Comment