Thursday, May 2, 2013

Traditional Door Headers

I spent this morning caulking and filling all of those headers that Kade made over the weekend.  He has been patiently waiting for me to get them done.  Hopefully tomorrow I can prime them, then I need to paint them so we can get them up!!  They're going to make such a huge difference in the overall look of our unfinished house ;)

Two of my favorite things...a tube of painters caulk and pink spackling
(the spackling dries white so you know when you can paint!)

This is our original design for the headers.  You can see the post here.
Made from an MDF 1x6, panel moulding (at the top) and a ripped piece of 2x4 on the bottom.
Not very expensive to build...just time consuming (no way...we're doing something that's time consuming??)

While I was working in the dining room I heard something shuffle out in the leaves in front of the house (yes...I need to clean up the front porch mess, I KNOW!)
Anyway...I looked out and there was a groundhog!!  Right there walking down the sidewalk!!  I quickly grabbed my iPhone and snapped this pic.  I swear...I don't know what I'd do without my iPhone!  I take pictures of EVERYTHING....ALL OF THE TIME!!
(you've been warned!)

I finally remembered to bring up one of the baskets that I bought to use in the laundry part of the clutter room.  I bought these from Longaberger probably 2 years ago...maybe longer.  They're actually a little small in the cabinet...which is fine because that will give me room to grab the handles, etc.  Only one problem...I only have 4 of them...I have an older one but it's a slightly different design and not the same color.  Guess Longaberger needs to have a sale on the MEDIUM WASH DAY BASKET again, lol!

Last summer I ordered some lilac bushes online (I had never ordered plants online before).  I think I got 6 for $12 or something like that...they weren't expensive.  Well...2 of them died before I ever got them transplanted into bigger containers (oops!).

But to my surprise, I looked over and the 4 that made it are all blooming!  I had never intended for them to be out of the ground for so long...so I am just amazed that they've made it this long!  They're still not very big, but that's fine...cause I still don't know where they're going to go, lol!  Boy oh boy, I can not wait to start planting some flowers and sprucing up the landscaping at the new house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment