Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Awesome...just AWESOME!

I guess all of the weeks and MONTHS of hard work on this room are finally paying off!

This is what the cabinets looked like this morning after being sprayed with poly yesterday.

This little 8" paper was really all I needed to protect the ceiling from overspray with the poly.  It was amazing actually how LITTLE overspray there really was.

It was finally time to pull the plastic out and see what all this fuss was actually about!

The final finish...so smooth...

and so crisp and white...

just what I was hoping for!  (whew!)

I had to sneak in the countertop for the sink area...I know it hadn't been 24 hrs. of dry time yet...but I was gentle putting it into place :)  Look how much dust is inside that cabinet!!  I spent ALL day vacuuming, and wiping these cabinets up inside with the damp cloth.  I couldn't believe how dusty they were! (what did I expect though, I've only sanded in there like 8 times, lol!)

I love the contrast of the white cabinets with the warm wooden countertops.
Can't wait to put my GALVANIZED WASH TUB sink in there!!

I walked around with Mom and checked out the asparagus, rhubarb and just about anything with a bud or a bloom on it.  This red dogwood tree we were just SURE was dead.  Guess not!  HOWEVER...I'm still not sure it's going to make it... probably 1/3 of the branches are dead.

It sure does look like it's trying though doesn't it?  It was such a beautiful day.


I finished cleaning and then started putting the cabinet doors back on...
it sure seems like forever since they've even been in that room!
I must admit...that numbering the cabinet doors where the hinges go and taping over that really made it go quickly when putting them back on!!
Remember what it looked like before?

I can't even see this in my mind anymore!

It looks sooooo different now!!!


 WOW....WoW...wow!!!

What a HUGE difference!  This may be my favorite room in the house now!!
THE CLUTTER ROOM!!! (laundry, pantry, and misc)

No comments:

Post a Comment