Monday, May 6, 2013

Knobs & Pulls

I can't believe that I FINALLY got to install the hardware in the clutter room!  WOO-HOO!!!  Even this is quite a chore for me...mostly because I have to make yet ANOTHER decision :)  I ordered knobs and pulls MONTHS ago...o.k...probably a year ago!!

Knob placement is always something that I take very seriously, lol.  It is soooo annoying to me when a knob or pull is off center....even just a little.  Today I made a little template out of poster board and used the Frog tape for delicate surfaces to make the marks for my knob placement.

I used an awl to "punch" the middle of the hole before I drilled so that the drill bit wouldn't wander off out of control :) 

Looking good so far.  I'll take a closeup when I'm all done so you can see the detail of the knobs & pulls.  In this room alone there are going to be 5 different knobs & pulls.  YIKES!  Hopefully they'll all go together o.k. (I'm still not sold on that beadboard backsplash.  hmmmm)

The geese were back on our pond this afternoon.  I was really excited to see that there was a baby with them.  They have a hard time making it out here because there are too many predators.  It's actually rare that I ever see them make it past the egg stage!  

It was really funny when I drove by, the baby was trying to move so quickly...his little feet were burnin' rubber out there (and he wasn't going anywhere fast, lol)  Hopefully it will make it!


No comments:

Post a Comment