Thursday, February 14, 2013

Furniture Moulding

First of all...Happy Valentines Day!  I know you're all thinking...well, furniture moulding isn't a very exciting way to spend Valentines Day...but I'd have to disagree (to some degree.)  We got all of the furniture base moulding in and I went around and caulked everything.

All I used was the regular Painter's Acrylic Latex Caulk.
The only thing I don't' like about it is how much it shrinks.

What do you think about how it turned out? 

We actually used the furniture moulding that came with our kitchen cabinets (since we used different crown in there)  It was suppose to be the base for our crown moulding.

I LOVE the way it looks.  No dust bunnies can get under there either, lol.

I figure nobody is going to be standing there long enough to be too bothered by the fact that you can't put your feet under the toe-kick area.

Check out how well it meets up to the baseboard on the wall.
I guess I should have taken a closer pictures...but somehow the lower lines now the two meet up perfectly.

When everything is put back together I think this will really be the finishing touch that we needed.

After seeing it installed in the clutter room, now I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this in the basement bathroom too on the old kitchen cabinet base that I'm converting into a vanity.
It should work perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment