Saturday, February 23, 2013

Glass Towel Bar Makeover

So it turns out we had TWO snow days instead of just one!  That was quite the late February snow!  I'd say we got about 6" total.  There was a nice sheet of ice over the top so it was extra crunchy to walk on.  Pretty yes, but I'm ready for spring this year!

So I have this old glass towel bar from my Grandparents house...I LOVE that it's glass...
but I'm not a fan of it's art deco style parts that hold it to the wall.  (what would you call those?)

So today I saw an escutcheon laying under the kitchen sink while Kade was doing some plumbing...
and I had a light bulb appear over my head! :)

And YES!!! It worked!!  You can pull the hanging parts off, so I slipped the escutcheon onto the glass bar....then put the hanging part back on...and voila!  

That is SO much cuter!  So now I need to clean up the hanging pieces (sorry, for the life of me I can't think of what to call them, lol) then spray them with my oil rubbed bronze spray paint.

AWESOME!!  I've actually got 3 more of these glass towel bars that I bought a few years ago at an antique shop....and they have those same art deco parts.
Now I'm actually excited to figure out a place to use them!

I'll post another picture when I finally get one completely done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment