Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baseboard & Spraying Cabinet Doors

Kade worked on trim yesterday and today....it's so awesome.  It's amazing how finished that makes things look.  At this point he can only do walls that don't have a door on them though (because I don't have the door casing painted yet).  So he's got parts of just about every room done now, lol.  We REALLY need a nice day so I can get outside and paint a zillion pieces of trim!

Here's the master bedroom

Middle bedroom

Front bedroom.

another side of the front bedroom.  This room has 3 walls done!!  :)

We've also been trying to figure out the window casing.
For some reason I don't really like the straight board at the bottom as the window apron - it seems like it needs some little extra piece of detail to finish it off.

So we put these two together.  This is straight....hmmm....the window sill is too short, lol.
I know, I know, it's just a "mock up"

Then we tried this one....hmmm...I dont' really like it either!
That's not good.  So now I'm thinking about something else that may work...just some simple.
Why does every single step have to be so difficult??

I finally got all of the primed cabinet doors sanded and taped off.

Add caption
I didn't forget to label EVERY hinge hole either.  I want to make sure these babies go back together exactly the same way that I took them apart.  I don't want anything that doesn't function properly.

Here's my setup in the basement.
I moved my drying rack down there so I didn't take up the ENTIRE basement. (only half, lol)

I used the Wagner Control Max paint sprayer again...
and I just don't know.
 
It doesn't look terrible...but I wouldn't say that I love it either.
What am I doing wrong with this sprayer??
It's still similar to a very light orange peel.  YUCK.
Not the look I was going for on cabinet doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment