Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mudroom - Done! (almost)

SO CLOSE, lol!  It still needs casing around the doors (the pocket doors to be installed) and I've also got to decide what's going in the back - above the seat.  I was originally going to do some horizontal tongue & groove painted the same color as the cabinets...but you know...that would be too predictable!

So now I'm thinking maybe some of the leftover hardwood floor?  With a "rack" painted the cabinet color with big wrought iron hooks.  I also thought about maybe using galvanized tin...but then thought that may snag a coat or sweater that's hanging there...and that would be BAD!  I'm wondering if the flooring might be too dark in there....I guess I'll have to try it out and see!

ANYWAY - we got the fancy crown moulding on the top and the furniture moulding on the bottom.  I LOVE the way it turned out.  I can't wait to fill up all of these cabinets and have everything ORGANIZED!

No comments:

Post a Comment