Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Why am I always planning?

Seriously....I would swear that is ALL that I do!  I sat down today and sketched out what I "hope" our stair railing will look like.  Code says no space over 4"....so that is what I figured.

The main piece of our railing is old cast iron baby crib sides (what is laying under the drawing).  I've got 2 sets of them...so just enough that we should be able to make all three sides - plus come up with some type of baby gate that can be put up or taken down if needed.  That part is probably going to take a little more thought.

Here's a close up.  The newel posts are going to be made out of maple newels that we got off of craigslist....8 for $100!  Have you ever priced newel posts?  The first ones we bought that we decided were too big were about $72 each!  From those same newel posts we should have enough to make all of the "frame around the baby crib sides.  Then for the top & bottom we bought actual handrail pieces.  I can't wait to see this together.  Right now I'm thinking we should paint the crib rail and stain the rest dark like the floor....but I just can't decide (imagine that!)


No comments:

Post a Comment