Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas! (and a fishing tree)

Back at the stair nose trim again today :)  I swear...one of these days this flooring is going to be done....it's NOT going to defeat us!  Kade is so meticulous in his work (and I am equally as bad) so it's no wonder that it has taken so long.  It's a learning experience that's for sure!

Look how "chipper" Kade looks working and wearing his new flannel lined shirt!


Now to change the subject....I have been working on a few "tree" things for my brother for part of his Christmas present.  I wanted something that would be super fitting for him....so what else...but a FISHING TREE!  We celebrated Christmas tonight with my family..even Grandma stayed up until after 11!  We really do have too much fun opening all of our goodies.

Here's the burlap tree skirt that I made.  I actually changed it a little more after this picture and put a seam on one side so he could easily put it around the trunk of the tree.

The "bobber" tree topper that I made out of a big plastic "outdoor" ornament.  Painted white several times and then red on the bottom.  The little red top is actually made out of blue painters tape.  I'm figuring one day I'll have to fix this, lol.

I made garland for the tree with twine and small bobbers...it took about 50 bobbers spaced approx. 6" do a 5' tree!  And the all of the "ornaments" are actually REAL fishing lures that belonged to our Grandfather.  How cool is that?  We used little clear tubing over the hooks (actually Dad did that part for us) so all of the lures are still perfectly intact.

I think there are probably about 70 fishing lures on this tree.
I LOVE the way it turned out....
Maybe I need a fishing tree now  :)

Here's Scott seeing it for the first time.  He had absolutely NO idea...
and I'm pretty sure he loves it.

One last closeup...maybe I'll try to get some better "night" shots after things slow down for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment