Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tricky, Tricky

I have GOT to figure out what we're going to be doing for a railing like NOW!!!  I just keep putting it off and then putting it off some more :)  So what I'm thinking is that we're going to use parts from two old iron baby cribs.  They would be the long side rails.  If we could just somehow frame them in to the railing....hmmm....going to have to really sit and think about it a bit.


These are the two styles that I have - not exactly the same, but I think they will be similar enough that nobody will know the difference unless I tell them.


I also finally picked the pull for the trash can cabinet.
Who knew that would be such a big decision, lol!

I love the way it looks.  Love the island in contrasting colors too.

The trim is finally done around the sink too.  I'm loving how it turned out.

Just kind of hugs the sink don't you think?

Love it....oh...but I see I forgot to stain the filler there in the corner.  UGH!

Back on the hardwood floor we're getting ready to do around the stair opening.
This requires us to use the stair nose trim - it will go kind of like a picture frame all the way around the stair opening.  It really gives the floor a finished look.

Wouldn't you know that we'd have to do a little custom work to get this to work properly.  :)
Notice it's only about 2" wide.  Our regular pieces are 4.75" wide.  Here we go...

This is the finished edge of one of the pieces of wood. (I'm going to have to match that)

Here's the stair nose trim.  Notice it also has a groove in it.

Since we had to cut the strip so much narrower, we had to pick to either cut the tongue or the groove off.  We opted for the tongue. So I sanded the "bevel" onto our little strip.  Kade used the biscuit cutter and put a groove in it, so now we just need to cut a new tongue and glue it in.  WHEW.  That's only a few days of waiting and work on this little piece, lol.

Surely it's going to work right?

No comments:

Post a Comment