Saturday, January 28, 2012

Behind on Updates!

It's been a busy week and I haven't had time to do any updating of the blog since last Friday!  Can't let that happen again!  I'll try and remember what we did this past week  :)

Saturday, Jan. 21
We took the day OFF!!  Woo-hoo!  Our friends The Harmans had a SOLD OUT bluegrass show at Lewis & Clark College with Special Guest, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver.  It was great!  The break from manual labor was welcomed with open arms  :)  Here's a pic from sound check!



Sunday, Jan. 22
Cleaning Day!!  We pulled a zillion nails and swept, vacuumed, etc.  It's amazing how long doing that can actually take.  I do like to have a clean work zone though (at least as clean as possible!)

Monday, Jan. 23
Planning, planning, planning.  Worked on kitchen layout.  Still trying to pick out lights, sinks, etc.  Ugh!  I am the research QUEEN!!  Seriously...I should have considered a career in research!  Still having trouble making ANY decision at all.  What is wrong with me?  Monday evening we finished pulling up the orange carpet in the basement...it is finally GONE!!




Tuesday, Jan. 24
I went on a vanity hunt.  No luck.  I'm hoping to find an old dresser or buffet to use as the bathroom vanity.  I love that look.  I went up to Carlinville and Divernon, stopped at 5 or 6 different antique stores..nothing.  I did find a vanity that would be cute for a single sink...but we were hoping for a double.  Right height and everything...cute!  I might have to go back and get that one......


I also went to Wills Milling in Carlinville...I LOVE that place!  They're going to come out tomorrow and measure for the trim & doors.  These are the styles that I like.....at THIS moment, lol.  Not the trim though...I'm thinking something a little more plain.



Tonight we worked on pulling up hardwood floor again!  Who's idea was it to salvage the hardwood flooring to reuse in the basement??  Oh yes, that's right, it was ME!!  Now we've only got one bedroom left!!  THE END IN NEAR!!!

Wednesday, Jan. 25
Met with the guy from Wills this morning...should get our quote on doors/casings/base molding, etc. soon.  The weather was so gross again.  I am so not a fan of rain!  Kade had to work late tonight so all he and I did was walk around the house and talk about where things are going, etc. (so I guess we would call that more planning, lol)  Dad did get something done though, he worked at the house all by his lonesome and pulled nails out of flooring.  Gotta love his OCD :)

Here's his "work station"



Thursday, Jan. 26
ENOUGH WITH THE RAIN ALREADY!!  I think I'd rather have snow...how gross is that??  Kade had to work late again tonight.  I went up and moved doors/trim out of the very last bedroom that still has hardwood floor in it.  When Kade finally got home we sat and worked on plans...we MIGHT be making a slight change to our original floor plan.  Dad worked on pulling nails out again.  I don't know how he can stand to do that for so long!!  It would make me crazy!!  He does seem to like those jobs that take a million hours to save $3  :)

Friday, Jan. 27
Guess what I did today....research shopping, lol!  I went to Staunton, Shipman, Jerseyville, Godfrey and Alton!  Whew!  I found something really exciting though (finally some good news!)  At our current house, when we remodeled the kitchen I found a big one bowl white sink that I LOVE.  When I went to find a sink for the new house I couldn't find ANYTHING that I even kind of like.  (go figure!!  I swear I'm not picky...I just know what I like!)  So I decided to stop in at Lowes because I haven't been to the Alton store in a few months, I thought maybe they'd have something different than the Glen Carbon store...and guess what I found.....

Wooooo-Hoooo!!  A one bowl white sink!!  And at a good price compared to what I was afraid I was going to have to "settle" on!  So finally a decision made  :)  This is the sink that we're getting!!

I didn't get home until after 7, so we had dinner and worked on plans some more.  Gotta get those plans right, lol.  We HAVE to get our final layout done this weekend so we can start putting our walls back up (or tearing more out)  Did I mention that I am really tired?  Tired of sitting and planning, researching, etc.  I'm ready to get this show on the road.  I'm sure I'll feel better when we've actually got a plan set in stone!!  We have to quit thinking about better ideas!

Saturday, Jan. 28
We got quite a bit done today.  We got the old kitchen cabinets hung in the garage.  Did a little organizing out there.  What a mess!  We're going to have to get another dumpster I'm afraid.  We've got too much stuff to squeeze in to this 20 yard dumpster...it is packed to the top!  I am also proud to say that ALL OF THE HARDWOOD FLOORING IS REMOVED!!!  DONE, OVER, THE END!

When we started...

About 3.5 hours later!  This was our fastest room yet!  I'm afraid my speed will no longer improve though....if I ever say that I want to salvage flooring just punch me in the face at that moment!!

My spine is really starting to ache now.  I've GOT to go to the chiro this week...wowza!  I also need to make all these decisions so that I can go to bed at a normal hour.  I've been up till 2 or later almost every day this past week.  Let's face it, I'm TIRED!! (and probably crabby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment