Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chim, Chim, Cher-ee, Chim, Chim, Cher-ee

Guess what I found......

My earring!!  YEAH!!

While I did tell Kade that if I found the lost one I wouldn't need the new ones....I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to let him take them back, lol!  It honestly was driving me crazy that I couldn't find it though.  Today was extra bad...I looked all over at the new house...in the truck...then finally decided that I should maybe check under the seat.  Low and behold...there it was!  It must have fallen off of the tote when Kade chucked it into the back seat and then lodged itself between the cushions.  (our back seats in the truck fold up for more storage)  So glad I found it!!  I'm still thinking I should get some new piercing studs from Claire's Boutique though, lol!


So today we met with Turney's about Geothermal and some plumbing stuff.  Waiting to hear back about what appendages we're going to have to sell to get the Geothermal that Kade really wants, lol.  The appointment went really well though overall.

We also had the Chimney Sweeps come out this afternoon to clean and inspect the chimney.  HOLY MACKEREL that chimney was a mess!!  They said they'd NEVER gotten so much junk out of a chimney before!  GREAT! (not!)  So together, with my cleaning yesterday and theirs today, we got about five...that's right FIVE, 5 gallon buckets of junk out of the fireplace/chimney!  Pretty that thing hasn't been cleaned out since 1974!  The damper COMPLETELY fell apart when he reached up to clean it (which I knew was going to happen, lol)  So we're going to have to buy some kind of a damper for the top of the chimney now.  Otherwise, there are just 2 places that could use a little fireplace cement (which I can fix myself!)  Whew!  Oh, and I need to find some fireplace doors too.  That's gonna be a fun one...that bad boy is 46" wide (much wider than most fireplaces) so of course it's going to be a special order item!!  Maybe I'll get lucky, but I've been searching online for a bit tonight and haven't seen any "good" deals.  Perhaps I can get Kade to just go for it sitting open (if we get the good damper for the chimney)  I have to say....I LOVE that it's a real wood burning fireplace!  They are SOOOO relaxing!  The chimney guy did actually say that we could build a fire in there ANYTIME now, it's ready to go! (Kade, are you reading this???)

I think tomorrow we might be back at pulling up the hardwood floors in one of the two bedrooms left.  Can't wait to actually get that done (but I can guarantee that my arm could wait a lifetime, lol!)  Two more days until the rest of the walls come down....so exciting!!  I guess I really need to start making some decisions on flooring and cabinetry.  Ugh!  Somebody needs to do that for me I think!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment