Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 18

2 and a half weeks in and this is where we're at!

This is what the old living room looks like now!

and here's the kitchen.


Today was such a SLOW day!  Oh my gosh!!  It was like it was never going to end!!  It took us longer today to get all of the plaster/drywall out of the entryway than it took us all to get the other three rooms done yesterday!  That is ridiculous!  There was stupid mesh in EVERY stinkin' corner (inside and out) and around the edge of the ceiling.  Gerrrr!  I think there were 14 pieces of mesh all together - just in that tiny little area!!  AAAHHH!

So here's the before...this morning everything on this side of the wall was already taken down, and the tile was already gone.  Forgot to take a "true" before pic.
 
Here it is....finally all down and cleaned up....
Kade and I worked for 4 hours just on this darn spot!

We left the plaster up on the other side of the far wall there...that's the hallway by the bedrooms and we're not going to change anything there...so it's going to stay plaster for the time being!  That little "shelf" that you see on the right was inside of the closet - that particular area is above the stairs...and tomorrow that comes out too!

Tomorrow we meet with Turney's again in the afternoon to scope the drain and see where we can tie in to the plumbing for the extra bathroom.  We're going to have to jackhammer the floor up in the basement (YIKES!)  And he's also going to figure out where our septic tank actually is.....that would be something nice to know!

Oh, and before I go for the night, I have to tell a funny story from last night.  (not nearly as good as "Old Faithful" though!)  So we had this one 2x4 that still needed to be taken out of a wall that's no longer there.  Kade so generously told me that I could take the sledge hammer and knock that bad boy outta there.  I grab the sledge...ready...aim...Kade says "hit it from the top"...I look at it, and I say "No, I wanna hit it from the bottom".  So I swing that sledge back...give the 2x4 a good 'ol smack at the bottom and BOOM...that stupid 2x4 hit me SO FREAKIN' HARD on the left shoulder!!  WHAT THE CRAP!!  I laughed it off, but dang!  I told Kade it was like...You hit me, I'll take care of you!  DANG! Now my shoulder is bruised...maybe next time I'll listen to what Kade says! (emphasis on maybe)

No comments:

Post a Comment