Friday, January 20, 2012

Almost done with Demo!!

Wow, this icy weather is GROSS!!  We sure didn't want to even drive 1/2 a mile away to go work on the house  :)  But we sucked it up and went anyway!!

Tonight Kade and my Dad got the bathroom plaster all torn out!  Yeah!  Hope nobody wants to use that potty now...you're only going to have a little bit of insulation keeping you out of sight of anyone coming in to the house, lol!  That's ok though, there's a functioning bathroom still in the basement that we haven't touched.



Ok, so we still need to pull out the tub & toilet...we'll probably do that on Sunday.  I still can't figure out a layout for this room...it's a good size...but the door is in a weird place so it's just feeling kind of crammed in there.  The closet that we took out was HUGE, probably 4' x 3'.  This week I have GOT to make some final decisions on what we're using and where it's all going!!

While Kade & Dad worked on the bathroom I pulled up the carpet from the stairs going to the basement...what I thought was going to be an easy job turned out to be 2.5 hrs. of me pulling, scraping, using the crowbar and hating every minute of it.  Let's face it, I'm not as young as I use to be, lol.  So this probably wasn't the best project to do when my back was hurting, but it had to get done!

Hmmm...wondering what I'm going to do to these stairs now.  I was hoping to put some walnut treads on and some white painted risers. Not sure it's going to work though.  I guess we need to take the rest of that cedar off of the walls so we can really look at what we've got to work with!

Gerrr...I was getting mad at the carpet at this point, lol.

Finally!  I got it done!  Just after 8 p.m. and I was feeling weak from not eating dinner yet, lol.  Low blood sugar?  I think so!  I think my body is entirely too dependent on all the sugar it gets from me drinking coke and eating candy all the time!  :)  I'm looking forward to a day off from manual labor tomorrow!  We're going to watch our friends, The Harmans, play in concert at Lewis & Clark College.  A very welcomed break!!  Since we started working on the house we haven't seen hardly anyone!

So when we were heading home tonight down our long twisty paved driveway Kade knew he needed to be careful.  We immediately started sliding around, finally got going, headed down the hill toward the lake, made it just fine, up the hill we went on the other side...around the corner and OFF the driveway!!  We just slid right off of there like it was nobody's business, lol.  Not a big deal, just something that we need to prepare for in the years to come!  I'm sure that will not be the last time it happens!  Hopefully it just never happens at the bottom of the hill by the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment