Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!!  A Friday the 13th Birthday!!  What did we do today you ask....Well, we met with the custom cabinet builder this morning, it went really well!  Can't wait to see what he comes up with! (which reminds me...I need to email him pronto!)  Then Kade's mom brought us lunch...my favorite of course since it was my b-day, Jimmy Johns - YUMMMM!!!  I seriously could eat that EVERY day!  Then this afternoon I built my bigger fire - still not big enough for that darn fireplace though!  That baby is huge!  We really need to get the damper to control the air flow!

Those logs look pretty small in that 46" opening!  I need to find a FAB mantel somewhere too!


I also drew out the new floor plan for the front room to get a better visual of how it would really look. See my chalk lines?  I think it's going to work, but still nervous about making that change.  Why do I worry about EVERY stinkin' decision???  We started pulling hardwood flooring up from the biggest bedroom tonight.  Got maybe 1/4 done (maybe a little more)  It's quickly coming back to me that I don't really enjoy removing hardwood floors...who's idea was that again??  ;)

Tomorrow is going to be a BIG day!!  My brother Scott arrived home around 8 tonight and he and some of his friends are going to help us get the rest of the walls out (and hopefully ceilings too).  We should have a pretty good team tomorrow...hopefully a few of our friends will show up to help as well.  Then we'll be ready to move the garage to kitchen entry door and add our main floor laundry/pantry and extra bathroom - I'm calling the laundry/pantry the clutter room...I just hope it doesn't stay cluttered all the time!  So...guess I'd better get myself to bed.  Kade has been asleep for hours...he's so good.  I just stay up until I can't function and I need toothpicks to prop my eyelids open!

No comments:

Post a Comment