Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fire!

In the fireplace  :)  Yeah!  Just a tiny one.  I'm going for bigger and better tomorrow - to see how it does.  I talked to a guy today about getting the damper, and he said to build a few fires and see how it goes.  Then if we've got any draft issues we can get the proper one.  I actually thought that was pretty nice of him - that way we'll actually get the right thing!


Soooo...that's about all we got done at the house today, lol.  Since the weather was so gross I stayed home and worked on cabinet stuff, researched dampers and some other items for the fireplace.  This is the fireplace screen that we picked out...love it!  Kade actually had to make a Lowe's run before he came home from work tonight and they had ONE left....guess it was meant to be  :)


Tomorrow morning we meet with a cabinet maker about doing custom kitchen cabinets.  Then as soon as we hear back from him I have GOT to make a decision on which ones we're going with.  Otherwise we're going to have a house waiting on cabinets and flooring (basically it would be waiting on ME!!)  I need to start polling my friends and have everyone vote on the items...it would be like Blog Cabin on DIY!  If I could just stop second guessing myself it would be SO much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment