Sunday, January 8, 2012

One wall (almost) down!!

Oh...and I forgot that yesterday I got all of the carpet and trim up from the sunroom.  Got that room all nice and clean and then put our stuff in there that we don't want a layer of dust on.  So today...we finally get to remove a wall (well....almost)

First stud being removed from the dividing wall....yeah!!

 Next!  Look how it's opening up!  What a great sized kitchen we're going to have!

 Awww....Kade...he was "smiling with his eyes" lol!

Must keep that one stud for a bit until we can move the light switch and the thermostat.  I am loving the size of that room though!


So that was it for today!  Still got quite a bit done.  I love that we're finally able to start seeing some of the changes that we're making.  Lets face it....pulling up hardwood floor and removing the nails did not seem like a very productive project!  This week....more removal of plaster/drywall....the house should finally start to feel open!  That will be great!

 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

One more thing for today....So a story that I didn't tell from last week was that I guess in all of my "mask on, mask off" action, I pulled the back off of one of my earrings  :(  Never found the back but I found the earring hanging on by a thread.  So I put it on top of the tote that I need to bring home (it had all of my paperwork in it that I drag back and forth) but anyway.  We come home that night and I realized that the earring was GONE!  I totally forgot to tell Kade that I had sat it there on top of the tote (what kind of dummy puts it ON TOP of a tote anyway instead of INSIDE???)   Ugh!  So when we got home I went upstairs to get clean clothes so I could go to take a bath...came back in the living room and Kade was looking at me funny.  I was like....what Kade, what.  You're being so wierd!  So I went and took my bath anyway.  Came back to the living room and there was a box on the couch where I was sitting.  "What is that box" I say....."Kade....what is in that box?"  He looks at me with his little smirk again.  Why is he being so weird??  So he says "I don't know...you better open it".  So I go get some scissors and come back and open the box.  Inside that is another little box...wrapped up with a bow (not Kade's wrapping though...but I do recognize the paper...it's from Maneke's!!)  "Kade!", I say, "what did you do?"  So I open the other box and here's what's inside!  Oh my gosh!  Diamond earrings??  We can't afford that...we just bought a money pit!!  I completely lost it...started bawling....he's been telling me for years that he wanted to get me some good earrings.  He said..."Well I lost your other earring, so I figured I'd buy you some new ones to replace it"  "Ok"...I said..."Why didn't you go to Claire's boutique and buy me some $30 piercing studs??"  He says, "they're small, it's ok if you lose them!"  WHAT - NO, that is not ok!!  I am HARD on jewelry!  I almost lost the center stone in my wedding ring and I chipped the amethyst in my promise ring!  Why would he trust me with good diamond earrings??  Now I know why he's been talking to Jeffie so much for the last 2 weeks...and why he HAD to go to the "Dental School" at Alton on Friday to do some work.  He immediately wanted me to put them on....and I just can't bring myself to do it!  Now don't get me wrong...it's not that I don't appreciate them...because I absolutely do...I LOVE THEM!  Kade is the best (usually, lol!)  No, he really is the best!  He puts up with a lot from me!  He said they were actually for my birthday but he just couldn't wait until Friday, lol.  He said he barely made it through the weekend so he had to give them to me now, lol.  What a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment